Court Ordered Community Service
Community Work Service (CWS) is imposed by the Judge as part of a court-ordered sentence. The Probation Department will provide a location for the defendant to complete their CWS. The defendant will be given a form that must be returned by a specified date. The completed form (include name of agency, signature and phone number) must be returned to the Probation Department. All CWS is handled and verified by the Probation Department.
- Procedure for Motions Granted for Community Work Service
- If a motion has been granted by the Judge for Community Work Service, the defendant will be notified by phone or mail*. The defendant should then report to the Probation Department during normal business hours for further instructions.
- *If you have not been contacted regarding your motion for CWS and it has been at least five (5) business days, please contact the Probation Department at (440) 392-5872.
(May through September Only)
If you have been assigned to perform work at the court garden, you must report at the time that your probation officer has scheduled you for this assignment. The Court Garden is located behind the Perry Township Administration Building at 3740 Center Road in Perry Township.
The following rules are to be followed:
- Do not go into any public buildings and do not trespass on any private property near the garden.
- Report directly to the garden for attendance and assignment of duties.
- You will be responsible for transportation to and from the garden. Do not ask the supervisors of the garden for transportation.
- Restroom facilities are available, but you will need the supervisor to take you into the building.
- You must bring your referral form with you and the supervisor will sign it upon completion of your hours each day.
- If driving, park behind the Township offices.
- Bring your own water. Food is not needed as you will not be working more than four hours.
Directions: Take route 20 to Middle Ridge Road. Go South on Middle Ridge until Center Road. Go South on Center and the Township Administration Building will be approximately ¼ mile on the right. The garden is located behind the Administration offices at 3740 Center Road.
(Go directly to the garden and do not enter the building)
IMPORTANT: Any falsification of information can result in additional criminal charges and/or jail time.